Saturday, November 26, 2005

go BUCK

(no I'm not advocating nudism)

Now that I'm living in the EU and paying exorbitant amounts of tuition in euro, I monitor the daily performance of our Cdn Buck against the EU coin. ..and I'm proud to say that yesterday the euro was the lowest it's been against the Cdn dollar in the past 3 years (1.37cdn = 1euro).

Every morning before class, my Canadian buddy and I hold pep rallies to cheer on the Buck. Whenever there's an election, terrorist / bird flu threat, or any other type of political instability in the EU, the euro takes a dive - and we cheer. And on the days when the Buck ain't so hot, we devise plans on how to spread avian flu into the EU or bomb something important that would drive the EU into chaos. Call us what you want, but it's a source of entertainment!

3 Comments:

At Mon Nov 28, 08:14:00 AM 2005, Blogger The Barretts said...

I'll be cheering for the buck for ya too! That's what Jamin & I did too when we were in Australia and that was only for 3 weeks :)

 
At Mon Nov 28, 09:24:00 AM 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, if it keeps doing well, maybe I'll have to plan my next vacation in Ireland!

 
At Mon Nov 28, 02:18:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you have updates now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home