Thursday, August 24, 2006

Full Frontal Nudity

I went to do some laps in the pool the other day, and I must've been churning pretty hard, cuz when I came out of the water I was a little tipsy and groggy. So I stumble towards the changerooms, not looking forward to the 5 gruelling flights of stairs I need to climb to reach the showers.

I start up the stairs slowly, grasping desperately at the banister and at every breath.. trying very hard not to fall over. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally reach the top. But to my surprise, the changeroom looked different. Could I be dreaming? Am I really this disoriented??

The lockers were in different places, the hairdryer was on a different wall, the mirror was somewhere else, and the walls were **gasp** PINK!!

I U-turn as fast I can without tripping over my flip-flops and boot it down the stairs at mach 2 -- praying that I don't fall and plaster my face on the concrete walls.

"Please God.... don't let anyone see me......." running, running, 2 steps at a time. "Don't trip.. don't trip"

"oooh.. slippery spot"

"WAATch the puddle!" .... "get me outta here!!"

I'm not sure if the climb up or the dash down took longer, but they both seemed to take forever. I finally get back to the pool deck and emerge from ...... yes, the Ladies Room.

I peek around the corner to make sure no one's watching and wondering why I'm coming out of the women's room, and of course, I run into the *useless* lifeguards. They look at me, I look at them. "Umm,.. why didn't you stop me when I walked in??" (You have to walk past the men's room AND past the guarding station to get to the women's room). They were dumbfounded. And so was I.

Thank goodness I didn't run into or see anyone in the changeroom cuz there'd be lawsuits flying left, right, and centre .. but I thought it'd make a catchy title.

7 Comments:

At Thu Aug 24, 07:38:00 PM 2006, Blogger deb said...

catchy title indeed. I was bracing myself for your description of full frontal nudity... and glad it never came. v. funny and made me laugh. thanks!

 
At Fri Aug 25, 12:43:00 AM 2006, Blogger -::-...Elhanan...-::- said...

oh pooey
i just had it typed up then i didn't have blog spot soi couldn't send it then i set it up and then what i typed up was all gone
pooey

but ya same thing happend only i went up the guys side
it was after a 9-5 course thing and i was super tired. i walked past the guard and he just looked at me funny as i was turning and as i was walkign up i was like wow this staircase stink.
how did the girls make it this stinky...
so i walk up to entrance and i'm like wait why is there a big guy in the girls bathroom then i'm like wait.... aaaaaahhhhhhh i run down the stairs and out the entrance and thre was dan looking as if he was waitign for me to come out. you could see he was trying not to laugh. i just hung my head low and yup.....

thats my story...

 
At Fri Aug 25, 12:36:00 PM 2006, Blogger Anna said...

oh Ian, I laughed out loud at work! Not funny at that time I suppose but extremely hillarious for the rest of us. Thanks for the laughs :)

 
At Sun Aug 27, 12:10:00 PM 2006, Blogger The Barretts said...

You're too funny...I love how you tell stories!!

 
At Fri Sep 01, 09:31:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SARAH said...

Too funny!!! I can't believe that you don't have anything on the bike trip yet! but, i guess that you were too busy taking pictures of the bat instead of throwing it in the garbage. =) I'm at Kelley's and she is helping me w/ my first blogging experience! it's fun!!

 
At Sat Sep 09, 09:11:00 AM 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, so that was VERY FUNNY. I almost choked on my tea.

 
At Mon Sep 18, 06:52:00 AM 2006, Blogger Christiane said...

well done Ian you just made me laugh out loud in the middle of my night shift at work...on this unusually quite unit :)...hope I didn't wake anyone up! :P Hope all is going well with you. I'm glad I stumbled over your blog on Ian Holdway's...it's ovbiously a VERY easy night shift if I'm blog surfing! haha...

blessings.
Christiane :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home