Thursday, August 03, 2006

I met my wife this summer.

I asked my buddy yesterday how his summer's been going and this was his opening line:

"I met my wife this summer."

Very direct - and with a tone of certainty; I think we need more men like that. He continues,

"We're getting engaged this December and getting married next summer. Then she's coming to live in Ireland with me for the 4th and 5th years [of school]."


WOW.. he's got it all figured out already. That was fast. So how'd you meet? (I ask with intrigue)

"I feel embarrassed telling you. I joined match.com this summer for 1 month. She emailed me without a picture and I was blown away by what she said. We met in the foothills and spent the rest of the summer together. And when I think about it, there is no other way we would've ever been able to meet. It isn't something that I could control - it's really all God."

Interesting.. I like how he didn't try justifying the means (match.com) or make any excuses for joining it, but rather jumped right to the end and said, "heck, we met and that's all that matters". But if it was indeed all God, then would they have met eventually? Is joining a dating service considered not placing your trust in God?

Regardless, I'm excited for you bro. Can't wait to meet her .. she's been described as "the domestic diva"!

6 Comments:

At Fri Aug 04, 08:31:00 AM 2006, Blogger The Barretts said...

For a moment there when I read the title I thought you had met your wife and neglected to tell me! :)

I don't think joining a dating service is not placing your trust in God. It's similar to trying to meet more people and we don't consider that not trusting God. I think it's a matter of your heart more than these actions.

 
At Fri Aug 04, 08:59:00 PM 2006, Blogger deb said...

I don't believe God is limited by dating services. question is: are YOU limited by dating services? :o) I kinda am (was), but hey, why not?

 
At Sat Aug 05, 10:35:00 PM 2006, Blogger K & G said...

heheheh... no Ian! It's 2006, most single people I know are hooked up to an online dating service and meet lots of interesting people. :) I'd say go for it!

 
At Mon Aug 07, 03:13:00 AM 2006, Blogger JWo said...

lol - it is kind of funny to read how people think you are struggling whether or not you want to use an online dating service or not. Are you? ;)

 
At Wed Aug 09, 12:40:00 PM 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I, like Sarah, had a mini-gasp! moment when I read your title. Catchy. I admit to having dabbled in the online dating world (pre-Tyler, of course)...distance usually ends up being the issue, or one of them, when you use something like that. But, I do know of a few very happy and well matched couples who met online!

 
At Mon Aug 14, 09:19:00 AM 2006, Blogger The Chocolate Lady said...

If people want to use a dating service to help find them love and meet interesting people I say go for it. It shouldn't matter how you met the person, just that you did and got to know them and are happy with how thigns turned out.

dating websites are a popular thing these days to meet people in your area. If you don't have other ways to meet people this is another option. Glad that YOUR happy and that's all that matters.

Stephanie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home