Friday, December 02, 2005

Israel

This is a picture of Izzy and I after the 2001 Vanier Cup at the Skydome (UM Bisons vs. SMU Huskies). Although Izzy played an amazing game and terrorized SMU's QB all day, the Bisons eventually lost to a very talented (and well coached) Huskies' squad. Not sure what I was staring at when the pic was snapped, but anyway.. Izzy is now a DT on the best defensive corps in the NFL - Chicago Bears with fewest pts allowed to date this season.



I remember playing basketball w/ Izzy back at UM, and the way this guy dribbled the ball, you wouldn't think he was 6'6, 275lbs. He controlled that ball like it was on a string. But the best part about being on his team was when he set screens for me. I'd run around him and lose my check for the next 5 minutes. Amazing all-around athlete.

He's also a really down-to-earth and cool guy to chill with. We would hang out in rez together and once in a while get some studying done. I remember we were prepping late one night for an anthropology exam, and when we were returning to our dorm rooms, we passed by this vending machine in the college. (Okay, confession time here) We were hungry. We stared at it for a second. And then I went down the hall to keep watch, while Izzy absolutely manhandled this thing. He flipped the WHOLE vending machine over and we cleared that sucker out. Needless to say, we were wired on chocolate during our exam the next day. Not one of my proudest moments, but I hope it's safe to say that we've both progressed quite well since then. Go Bears!

4 Comments:

At Sat Dec 03, 08:46:00 AM 2005, Blogger The Barretts said...

Sounds like you & Izzy had some "good times"! That's a cute picture of you two :) Have a great weekend!

 
At Sun Dec 04, 12:41:00 AM 2005, Blogger deb said...

For a moment I had to double take to make sure it wasn't an Ian head superimposed on another person's body. Not because I don't believe you, but because it was an unexpected pic. Ian with some football player. Ian with some football player that cleaned out a vending machine... too funny.

 
At Mon Dec 05, 12:40:00 AM 2005, Blogger K & G said...

Ian...you criminal! haha. I'd have to agree with the Barretts on this one and say that you two look like a "really cute" in that pic. Say, are you sure his real name isn't Bubba? Just kidding. Hope you're well in Ireland!

 
At Mon Dec 05, 12:43:00 AM 2005, Blogger JWo said...

Well... didn't think that you were the criminal type... hmmmm... I was wondering where all my missing CDs and books went all those years...

Jokes - do you still keep in touch with Izzy? That is awesome he made it to the NFL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home