Saturday, September 30, 2006

Soppy Laundry

CORK - I arrived back at school on a warm and sunny Irish afternoon (see pic below). Our first week of classes was relatively light, but people keep telling me it only gets tougher as the years progress. Bring it I say.

The air in Ireland seems to be damper than I remember. Dishes take 2 days to air dry, my facecloth is perpetually wet, and the laundry has no hope. It costs a fortune to run the dryers here so my buddy and I resolved that the best way to dry our clothes is simply to wear them!

(Suggestions are welcome)

Aerial view of somewhere close to Cork airport..

5 Comments:

At Sun Oct 01, 03:55:00 AM 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Must be why everything is so beautifully green over there! Have you tried mostly drying the clothes (by air or whatever) then ironing them?

 
At Sun Oct 01, 11:19:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you for a bit Ian, while you were here. Try using a fan.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 11:38:00 PM 2006, Blogger deb said...

eww... don't wear wet clothes... you'll get moldy. do you have heat? you could hang it next to the heater. or get a dehumidifier and hang your clothes next to that.

 
At Thu Oct 12, 05:54:00 PM 2006, Blogger JWo said...

lol - that reminds me when I first came to the 'Fax... always thought that my clothes would never dry.

I have always wanted to hang dry laundry outside when it is sunny - just like in the movies. I know Cork might not have sunny days, but when they do, take advantage. But i agree with Deb, don't wear your wet clothes, you just get stinky.

 
At Mon Oct 23, 12:20:00 AM 2006, Blogger Bryan said...

What's the latest, Mister Lau? It's been a while since the last update from Ireland...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home