Sunday, January 08, 2006

Xpresspost

Back on the island now from Christmas in TO.

Here's a tribute to my fav gift I got this year. It was sent to me from Fort Qu'appelle, Sask (45 min drive east of Regina). It was sent on a Tuesday and arrived Thursday - still fresh and soft. Kudos to Canada Post. So what is it? Well.. each year my cousins have a mad Christmas bake off to produce enough cookies to send 12 santas into diabetic comas. And for the very last cookie, they pile on all the remaining icing and toppings to make a killer sweet one. I spent last Christmas with them but did not make the trip out west this year, so they Xpresspost the cookie to me wrapped in plastic, packaged in newspaper, and boxed in a Callaway carton. I had to open it before Christmas though cuz I wanted to experience the knockout sweetness while it was still fresh. ..and fresh she was! Thanks Lagasses and here's to wishin' you a hood-sledding-filled winter!!




What's hood-sledding you ask? Stay tuned.

5 Comments:

At Sun Jan 08, 10:47:00 PM 2006, Blogger JWo said...

Yes, what is hood-sledding? It is great that you made it back to Ireland safe and sound! It was great hanging out with you this NY and with your family. Maybe next time we can have more time to just relax and shoot the breeze. Here's hoping to see you back in the summer!

 
At Sun Jan 08, 11:18:00 PM 2006, Blogger deb said...

oh man. that looks so sweet. the sweetness that layers your teeth with an inch of plaque and sucks your cheeks inside out. where is the health-conscious Ian I once knew? :o)

 
At Mon Jan 09, 10:26:00 AM 2006, Blogger The Barretts said...

That looks DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! Yum! Glad to see any update from you...glad you had a good time @ home over the holiday :)

 
At Wed Jan 11, 01:43:00 PM 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy cookie. And I have to comment on the Corningware plate. I grew up staring at those plates--that is the classic corningware pattern. Now it's so old, it's retro and cool again. Scary.

 
At Thu Jan 12, 01:07:00 PM 2006, Blogger K & G said...

hahaha... We had those plates too Margaret! Let's bring them back in style ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home