Sunday, January 22, 2006

2005: Trials, triumphs, and highlights

A little late, but it's good practice to reflect. So here it is in approximate chronological order..
  1. Ringing in 2005 @ Max Bell w/ Wpg crew
  2. Meeting Cyn (& subsequent adventures)
  3. Newsboys w/ Kent & Giselle
  4. Shinny w/ Hau on 78th Ave.
  5. Visiting Jay & Amy in NYC
  6. Tony Campolo @ Missionfest
  7. Acceptance to UCC Med
  8. RCMP memorial service
  9. Hiking the Rockies w/ Yusen (pic)
  10. Easter dinner w/ Grams
  11. Seeing our family rally around Grams after her stroke
  12. Finishing MPH course work @ UA
  13. Adieu 161 Kingslake
  14. Visiting Hfx and staying w/ Wongs
  15. DYCLC reunion @ The Great Wall
  16. Camping w/ the boys @ Crystal Crescent (pic)
  17. Beijing w/ Yusen, Laura, Mary (pic)
  18. Returning to Shanxi
  19. Fun times @ Yuci Old City
  20. Endless fun @ Yuci Cultural Centre
  21. 8am breakfasts w/ KIA
  22. Seeing ah-Bang believe in the power of Christ
  23. Xian w/ KIA & Guo couple (pic)
  24. Monday nights @ Velasquez's
  25. Wednesday mornings @ Strands
  26. Talking baptism w/ MJ
  27. Completing MPH internship
  28. Visiting HK
  29. Macau w/ U3 family (pic)
  30. Returning to Cdn soil and seeing the Rockies again (pic)
  31. Visiting Vcr (& Abby) and staying w/ the Tsang clan
  32. Grams recognizing me w/ my coloured hair
  33. Getting booked on Van Horne
  34. Bondi cottage w/ fam
  35. Beating Hamilton at Scrabble (pic)
  36. Air show w/ Jer & Dad
  37. Splurging on Matilda
  38. Visiting Hfx in Sept
  39. Stopping over in Nfld (first time on the isle!)
  40. Starting Med 1 @ UCC
  41. My 1st Irish Ulti tourney (Cork Open)
  42. Graduating from UA (in absentia)
  43. Visits to Dublin
  44. Becoming 1/10th a doctor
  45. Chilln' w/ Jer & Mich over the holidays
  46. Praying for the Kwongs
  47. Baptism service @ SCBC
"But whatever was to my profit, I consider a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord" - Phlp 3:7-8


Hiking the Rockies w/ Yusen..



Crystal Crescent.. (me, Stephen, Mark, Cliff)



BJ.. (me, Mary, Laura, Yusen)



Xian.. (L-R: Kristin, Ginger, Pan-pan, me, Alex)



Macau.. (me, A3, Cindy, U3)



Mt. Seymour in BC..


Hamilton is a force to be reckoned w/ on the Scrabble board, so his (gracious) loss to me was a significant event. I hit him early and hit him hard with "STRANDED", but then he fought back, hustling me with "XU", took the lead and kept it, until I sneaked off at the very last moment with "_CONE".

7 Comments:

At Sun Jan 22, 10:41:00 PM 2006, Blogger K & G said...

yay!! We made the highlights list of 2005! :) Looks like you had a very busy but very fun year Ian. You've been on so many adventures...and look where it's lead you - Ireland for med school..so cool! Well, 2005 was great, but I think 2006 will be even better! ;)

 
At Sun Jan 22, 11:21:00 PM 2006, Blogger deb said...

that's an impressive scrabble board. and an impressive list. neat idea. and you have a whole new year to look forward to, including a nice housing sitting stint this summer chez wong's. :o) come on, you know you want to... but I guess the real barrier is if you can.

 
At Mon Jan 23, 09:41:00 AM 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! DYCLC reunion! Our attendance has been in sharp decline--soon it will be me and Bryan--Sarah will be on Mat leave! You should come back to bolster our numbers. :)

 
At Mon Jan 23, 10:34:00 AM 2006, Blogger JWo said...

Wow - that is an impressive list of highlights! It just struck me how much you have travelled the world! You should be racking up the aeroplan points... in which case you can fly back to Halifax in no time! Which reminds me to sharpen my Scrabble skills - Margaret, we'll have to take your invitation to a game one we all move. ;)

 
At Mon Jan 23, 11:13:00 AM 2006, Blogger The Barretts said...

It's a neat thing to look back on a year and see where God has taken you, huh? Sometimes life happens so quickly that we don't take the time to look back for a minute and count our blessings & learn from our experiences.

You had a cool year and I'm sure you'll have another in 2006!

 
At Fri Jan 27, 09:32:00 PM 2006, Blogger Bryan said...

Woohoo. #15 rocked!!!

 
At Wed Feb 01, 08:02:00 PM 2006, Blogger Anna said...

Oh my word...crazy scrabble game!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home